Old
12-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Says the person with DZ in his avatar?

Most players have been equally as bad. Any player voicing their twitter rants in an attempt to win over the fans hasn't gone about the process the right way. Posting facts is one thing; opinions another.

DZ has been a violator and problem on Twitter since long before the lockout - hence the reason Torts had big issues with his maturity and still does.

The younger players do tend to post more (since the technology is more in their time frame), and therefore tend to ***** more.

The fact of the matter is this: any instance of an NHL player comparing this to real life is blasphemy. There is no comparison. Not one. Even a floater making NHL's entry-level pay at roughly $500,000 makes more money than the average family does in the U.S. in ten years or more.

There is not ONE comparison for families struggling to pay bills, struggling with foreclosure, struggling with credit, trying to feed their kids and much more then an NHL'er playing a child's game and making God-like money. There is no disputing this.

By the way: the fans are the ones responsible for everyone involved in these labor negotiations salaries. The same fans who struggle daily put forth a small percentage of their money each to enjoy the sport that's a graceful part of life throughout our short time here. When added up, all these small percentages of money from low-income families add up to the massive salaries responsible for the overindulgence by very talented people playing a child's game. Therefore, there is not one suitable explanation for lockouts and labor negotiation issues.
haha, I pointed out that I may be biased toward DZ so no need to point that out again

He had two tweets on this
"Surprise surprise"
It's immature and he could have done without it but honestly, a complaint like that isn't ignorant or deluded and doesn't deliver a sense of self-entitlement. We all know DZ tends to be cocky and a bit immature but I didn't mind that excessively.

The other one was along the lines of "We clearly don't have a partner in negotiations....." That one showed a different kind of immaturity. Perhaps I should say it's the LACK OF maturity to voice an opinion like that.

Those two tweets are not too overbearing imo. He's also been quiet since he started playing in Europe.

Rupper's tweets are more aggressive toward the league and much more self-entitled. There was much more pull on the fans as well as creating tension between the two sides for the sake of it.

If you read my posts earlier on what I thought of how much players made, I'm definitely not ignorant of the fact that they shouldn't complain especially to the general public and fans who are in the middle class.