View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 09:03 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
This whole lines thing drives me crazy. There are many instances where a "3rd line" center is more valuable than the 1st line center on the team. That's why I don't like using lines, it's much easier to divide minutes. David Bolland plays some of the toughest minutes in the NHL and does really well with those minutes. Lazar seems to have the potential to play that role. If he can be a David Bolland I would take him 12th-15th overall in a second.
I agree. People try to hard to make 3rd line prospects seem more then what they are. The same is made of Ty Biggs. He's a 3rd liner at least. But maybe not much more. Not that it's a knock on him, teams need guys that can put up 30 pts and still kill penalties and smother stars. Irritate and intimidate. Or just play a gritty shut down game like Brandon Sutter. It's very underrated outside of coaches. These types of players are so needed for playoff teams.

I'd love the Leafs to take him if they have a pick at 9-15. We have a few gritty 3-4 liners, but no great centers for that role. I don't think he gets past that though.

The Naz is offline   Reply With Quote