View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
I have not heard any word of this yet, but will the current contracts count less against the cap? Seeing how the players hrr is going from 57 to 50, so I would think the salary of each player would be reduced for the sake of the salary cap. Even with the higher cap this season, you have to have an amnesty buyout period if you are changing the system in a way that players that have been put in the ahl are now going to count aginst the cap (ie redden). I wonder how the oilers would be if they still had souray in the ahl? There has to be a better transition than just one season at what the cap would have been. Also there must be something else to transition because the bruins are in worse cap situations than the rangers and nothing has come out about Jacobs.

Also, I miss the age of dynasties! I want that back, and I'm sure there are a lot that feel that way.
That hasn't been proposed. The players will just be paying a higher escrow rate.

And dynasties suck. It's fun to think about the great teams of the past, but it gets boring when the same teams win all the time.