Old
12-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I am going to preface this by saying that I'm not going to give numbers to back it up and it's more an observation of mine. I feel like Minnesota or North Dakota for example tends to get the higher regarded recruits, often times drafted higher, usually in the first round. I don't feel like Wisconsin regularly gets the top notch high prospects. Heck Phil Kessel left Madison to go to Minnesota. It seems to me that the program produces a lot of late round NHL talent, and since many players are drafted before they step on campus, I have to give a lot of credit to Eaves. The Badgers take guys like Stepan, Schultz, Pavelski who are all later round picks (2nd or later) and they consistently seem to turn into productive NHLers.
What you said is right, the reason that UND and Minnesota get higher profile prospects is because of the prestige of their programs. Althought every team should be on the same playing field.

It is too bad for smaller, lower profile colleges because they can never have the best possible talent. Although the badgers roster isn't all that bad this year.

I saw Minnesota play against UVM and it is a classic case of what you are describing. They have a bigger budget and get better players.Its a shame if you ask me.

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote