View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 08:56 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
Matt moulson is a better hockey player than ales hemsky? Ugh. Goal totals don't tell even half the story here. Moulson doesn't touch hemskys skill. You are severely misinformed or ignorant.
Matt Moulson also doesn't touch Rob Schremp's skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
That's fine, considering Hemsky has been more of a play maker than a goal scorer.
That's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Yes, I am completely aware of this. Not sure why you're assuming that goals makes a player better.

Not even close. Hemsky's really only had one mediocre season in his career and it was his most recent season. Even with Hemsky's disaster of a season by his standard, his PPG eluded to 42 pts, which is only 3 less than Okposo over an 82 game season and 9 pts ahead of Grabner. I'm not sure what makes either of them 'clearly better players' when they haven't proven to dominate at a level Hemsky has his career.

And what exactly is your point? Goals are the only tool to compare forwards? I'm sure you also though Grabner was a superstar after his rookie season and that he was a top 10 NHL player due to his goal totals.

Hemsky is easily the better offensive talent than Moulson. Moulson is probably a 30g scorer on any other team in the league, but Hemsky's career PPG blows away Moulson's.

Hemsky: 0.77 PPG
Moulson: 0.66 PPG

And this is to mention that Hemsky's played his prime year with garbage linemates. He is not a superstar, but I think he is capable of being a top tier playmaker in the league.

As for the Yakupov comment, I obviously included him assuming we are considering future upside.
Hemsky's PPG are higher. He was a very good player years ago. But looking at his last 3 seasons, he missed 3 quarters of the season, he missed half the season, then he had a bad season most recently(which is interesting considering all of the talent that has joined that team). Meanwhile Moulson has been one of the most consistent goal scorers in the league during that period. I really don't care what Hemsky had done in 2008. Right now, he's not a better player than Matt Moulson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
Hemsky is far better than Moulson, Grabner, and Okposo. Obviously his health is an issue, but when he's on the ice, it's really not that close. He has been nearly a PPG for years until this season, that's a ridiculous statement.
So an Oilers fan, and Oilers fan, an Isles hater and an Oilers fan disagree... I must be wrong.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote