View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Faterson

vCash: 500
That's funny, ModryJazyk, I can see myself in the crowd in that video-clip.

That announcement confused quite a few people last night. It wasn't about new jerseys but about the Slovan website at www.hcslovan.sk . As you perhaps know, it's been criticized or being old-fashioned and lacking foreign-language content. So on Monday, Slovan's website should get a new look along with more articles in English and Russian.

As to our team colour, which is sky-blue, I agree with you. The KHL management can seemingly be needlessly despotic at times. They forbade the use of diacritics on jerseys, so now there is Satan instead of Šatan, and twice Juraj Mikus on Lev's team, although one of them is really Mikúš and the other one is Mikuš. (Can you spot the difference? The two names are also pronounced slightly differently.)

Similarly, the KHL forbade Slovan to use their traditional jersey colour (sky-blue, see my forum avatar to the left), saying sky-blue was too light-coloured for Slovan's home games, and too dark-coloured for Slovan's road games. I hope KHL will reconsider this for later seasons. At least the scarves that the spectators got for free last night at Slovan's arena were of the proper team colour, sky-blue.

Slovan, both in hockey and football, has always been known under the nickname of the "Sky-Blues" ("Belasí") in Slovakia and Czechoslovakia, so it's sad to see the team's symbol on the list of KHL's forbidden jersey colours.

Last edited by Faterson: 12-09-2012 at 09:21 AM.