View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 11:03 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

vCash: 500
After the 2nd, wheels has 2G and 1A. Its 3-2 for munich and all Three goals have been scored by wheels and stastny. They are by far the best line in the game and wheeler looks like he does whatever he wants out there. Pominville has his 2nd game for Mannheim and had 1 real good shot on goal but is shut down Most of the time. Marcel goc is still injured for Mannheim and Dennis seidenberg has had better performances lately

*edit*

I'll write you a report. I had good seats and could observe every step from Wheels. Munich is in the lower half of the DEL standings and Mannheim is leading the league but lost 2 of their last 3 games. They have Marcel Goc and Dennis Seidenberg in their lineup normally, but the Panthers center is missing again for a longer time. Seidenberg played. They aquired Jason Pominville this week. He played his second game today for Mannheim and couldn't put up a point in his first game.

Before the game, Blake saw me and my sign just before the first drop of the puck. It was funny, he looked in my direction, spotted me, poked Paul Stastny standing next to him and both looked up to me and laughed.
Before the game, Blake had 2 Goals and 7 Assists in 9 games, so he was on a 1.0 PPG rate.

Mannheim had a better start into the game and scored a 2-0 lead in the first. Pretty fast it became crystal clear that the Wheeler and Stastny line was by far the best for Munich and they turned out to be the best line for the whole game.
Wheeler was flying all over the ice and his chemistry with Stastny looks very good. I can imagine that some teams in the DEL are pretty scared when they enter your defensive zone. They get a lot of icetime and without them, I'm pretty sure Munich wouldn't have had a chance against Mannheim (who has the best roster in the league arguably).

Wheeler had 2 good chances which were denied by Dennis Endras (german national keeper). Late in the first, Stastny scored a beauty on a Wheeler feed.

In the second period, Stastny and Wheeler took the game over and especially Wheeler started to do look like a beast on the ice. He was really, really good. So it was just a matter of time for him to score again. And he did.
He scored the next 2 goals in the second (one which was assisted by Stastny) and his third (another Stastny assist) in the third period. Mannheim didn't know what to do against the two Americans.

I'll post you the game highlights with his 3 goals when they are online (they will come).

After the game, Munich said goodbye to their fans and I rushed down to the glass that he can see me. We looked at each other and he smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up.

It was a great game for both of us, haha.

The game sheet:
http://www.del.org/de/statistiken/li...html?l=1980423

Blake now has 5 Goals and 8 Assists in 10 Games.

Rumours say, that he scored all three goals just for me

Last edited by GermanJetsFan: 12-09-2012 at 01:34 PM.
GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote