Old
12-09-2012, 11:19 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Echoed.

At least it's much easier to spot him now that he's wearing the golden helmet and jersey. Is it me or is Johnny looking more and more like the Esposito-esque goal scorer he was in Junior? His hands and instincts in tight are sick.
Moulson is also pretty good in tight, quick shot, picking corners with deadly accuracy. But Tavares is far better at making plays in tight, getting shots off, rebounds, wrap-arounds - amazing ability to establish and maintain body position while protecting the puck. Seems like lacrosse-type play.

Bob McKenzie recently said that about JT (on TSN Radio) when talking about generational talents and Connor McDavid being in the Crosby/Ovy area of "generational" not like Tavares, Hall, and others (as the host suggested). BMack was quick to defend Tavares and said (paraphrasing):

Let's not be so quick to suggest Tavares won't achieve generational status. He's improved his skating tremendously and although scouts were being really tough on him right before the draft, they seemed to forget how effective he was, his drive to the net, going to the tough areas to score goals, just like did in lacrosse. And how those types of goals translate to the NHL and how few players are able to (willing to) go to those areas and score goals. (If I find the interview, I'll post it)

And, on McDavid, incredible hockey player already. But even BMack jokingly said "hey, in three years of watching him, I'm sure some scouts will come out and say something negative about him right before the draft"

On a side note: Tyler Benson
The next, next, next one? 82pts in 17games, 14 years old

Who knows, three more tanking seasons, in the next four years, might land MacKinnon, McDavid, Benson #givingwangideas

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote