View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
No, I don't. However, Chris Cuthbert lost his job during the last lockout at CBC. Chalk that up to another one of CBC's incompetent moves. Cuthbert being the great announcer he is was picked up by TSN. For those that think CBC would fire Don Cherry don't kid yourselves. For starters he would have Sportsnet and TSN standing at his doorstep before the ink was even dry on his pink slip. But that's another story.

Who I really feel sorry for is not only us the fans, but the people, the common people, who make a living with hockey. The restaurant owner who depends on hockey nights to serve more and more wings and beer. You think they haven't lost money? Or the zamboni driver, or the guy behind the concession stands, or the ushers or hot dog vendors. These guys depend on hockey to make a living. Maybe it is their second job, but maybe they NEED a second job to make ends meet.

So personally I feel sorry for them because there are multiple people who have lost their home because of this lockout, and I can assure you it isn't either one of Fehr, Bettman, Crosby, Alfredsson, Richards, Jacobs, Daly, Miller, etc.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote