View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 11:44 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
The Tampa Bay Lightning have quietly accumulated high end talent.

Their depth at the forward position is absolutely stacked.

C:
1. Tyler Johnson
2. Vladislav Namesnikov
3. Alexander Killorn

LW:
1. Cory Conacher
2. Nikita Gusev
3. Ondrej Palat
4. Alex Hutchings

RW:
1. Brett Connolly
2. Richard Panik
3. Nikita Kucherov
4. JT Brown

I see a lot of players that can make the NHL from that list.

Now factor in their G prospects Tokarski, Janus and Vasilevski(who IMO is the top goalie prospect in the game).

Defense may be a bit weak, but it's headlined by Mark Barberio, the AHL d-man of the year last season at the age of 21 in his first pro season. Not even Subban did that. Nikita Nesterov is also a regular on the best KHL team in the league and I came away very impressed with him last WJC. And then there is Koekoek, who was drafted last year and seems to be having a decent season in Peterborough.

IMO they really get sold short on here.
The thing is you could break down a team's prospect pool and come to the same conclusion. A lot of it has to do with the fact that not many people follow TB so they don't know their pool very well. I myself don't follow them but from what I've read they've got a lot small skilled forwards in their pool, that would make me assume their are quite a few boom or bust guys. Just for comparison look at the Wings pool as a comparison:

C:

1. Calle Jarnkrok
2. Riley Sheahan
3. Landon Ferraro
4. Joakim Andersson

LW:

1. Gustav Nyquist
2. Tomas Tatar
3. Andreas Athanasiou
4. Marek Tvrdon

RW:

1. Tomas Jurco
2. Martin Frk
3. Teemu Pulkkinen

D:

1. Brendan Smith
2. Xavier Ouellet
3. Ryan Sproul
4. Mattias Backman
5. Nicklas Jensen

Then in net the wings have Mrazek, Paterson & McCollum.

When you break down any pool in this format like we did you'll see every pool has their weaknesses and their strengthes,by doing it like this we also tend to overrate some of our own prospects. I'm sure looking at either the Wing's or TB's poolyou can see a couple of NHLers at every position. (Not trying to turn this into my team vs your team, just trying to show how TB compares to a team around them prospect wise)

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote