View Single Post
12-09-2012, 12:51 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
MY thoughts exactly. Imagine a trade deadline day that actually had impactful trades of big names.

This is the best thing for fans, so why are people saying it sucks?
I suppose it's great if your team can afford to acquire all these players and you don't mind being a fan of the team that loses them. Some fans (like me, for one) like some stability on our roster. Not only because it keeps a team together, but because we feel stability is necessary to build and maintain a winning team.

Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
Isn't there a loophole in the 5 and 7 years limits that would allow players to effectively sign longer contracts? This would be done by signing a 1 year contract for any team and instantly following it up with a 7 year deal, as they can be be signed as soon as a player is in the final year of their contract. This would basically give a player an 8 year contract, which is what they are trying to negotiate for.
Don't they have to wait until after January or February before they can sign an extension? If so, the player is taking a huge risk under your scenario. If he suffers a career ending injury before that extension is negotiated and signed, he's out of luck. If he has already signed a 7-year, guaranteed contract, he's set for life even if he suffers that injury the first day of the deal.