View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
In his final season Morozov had a 33 game goal scoring drought wedged between a mediocre start and a good finish. He was still maddeningly inconsistent at 26, even from game to game. I've never seen him dominate at anything, and I doubt he had the mental and physical power to do that in the NHL. He was a pretty nice guy and very skilled, but the definition of a soft perimeter player who wilted into the background when things got tough. Going back to Russia to become a RSL/KHL superstar was the right decision.

There is no doubt that Morozov became better with time playing in Russia. The stats is there to see. Whether that would translate in doing the same in the NHL as well will always be something to prove for sure but i do maintain that Morozov became better the last three years in the NHL. Scoring slump or no scoring slump his stats the last three years were better and he then grew with age in the KHL as well. It sure would have been interesting to see him after the lockout with the "new" rules implemented, as many "soft" players did advance quite a bit under these new circumstances, or in Slava Kozlovs case, return to the statistical heights they had lost before it.

Darth Yoda is online now   Reply With Quote