View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 12:12 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
Billy G is around the organization. I'm sure Tangradi has had more than one opportunity to pick his brain.

I think the problem with Tangradi is two-fold. One point is that he is never given a real opportunity with any regularity to play with good players in the NHL. He's not a guy that's going to make guys around him better...he is a complementary piece. Giving him 7 mins a game with Craig Adams in a dump and chase role is never going to work for him.

Second point is that I would like the organization to essentially tell the kid, "go out and play your game." I think the organization has tried to mold him into what they want him to be and not what he is naturally. It's evident watching the kid that he thinks way too much on the ice, and not only is his decision making slow because it's a faster league and he's with ****** players, but also because he's trying to think about what this coaching staff wants him to be. Just leave him be. So what if he doesn't run guys through the boards with consistency.

I think if he were given regular mins with good players, and had no pressure as to what the team wants him to be, he'd be a much better player, and no reason he couldn't score 18-20 goals and 20 assists or so. That's just my take.