View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Jacko95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
The thing is you could break down a team's prospect pool and come to the same conclusion. A lot of it has to do with the fact that not many people follow TB so they don't know their pool very well. I myself don't follow them but from what I've read they've got a lot small skilled forwards in their pool, that would make me assume their are quite a few boom or bust guys. Just for comparison look at the Wings pool as a comparison:

C:

1. Calle Jarnkrok
2. Riley Sheahan
3. Landon Ferraro
4. Joakim Andersson

LW:

1. Gustav Nyquist
2. Tomas Tatar
3. Andreas Athanasiou
4. Marek Tvrdon

RW:

1. Tomas Jurco
2. Martin Frk
3. Teemu Pulkkinen

D:

1. Brendan Smith
2. Xavier Ouellet
3. Ryan Sproul
4. Mattias Backman
5. Nicklas Jensen

Then in net the wings have Mrazek, Paterson & McCollum.

When you break down any pool in this format like we did you'll see every pool has their weaknesses and their strengthes,by doing it like this we also tend to overrate some of our own prospects. I'm sure looking at either the Wing's or TB's poolyou can see a couple of NHLers at every position. (Not trying to turn this into my team vs your team, just trying to show how TB compares to a team around them prospect wise)
Well at first you totally forget about Korobov and Gudas as near NHL-ready d-men

And at the post from DatsyuktoZetterberg: If you include Athanasiou ( a mid-round pick from 12) we could very well include guys like Richard, Jimmy Mullin, Brian Hart, or Blujus, who show a lot of promise, but are simply not old enough to say anything about their NHL-future.

I always tought about them as a underrated pool ( at least on HF, because they simply doesn't care about us), but after the new Team Rankings I think, they are right where they should be.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote