Thread: Proposal: Jets - Oilers
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 02:46 PM
franfrey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
That's not always true when you're talking about a dman who's biggest weakness is his skating. The PK is an entirely different game. Peckham is effective because he's as strong as a bull, and does a good job of battling in the corner, and clearing the front of the net. Peckham had a bit of an off year last year, but he's generally pretty underrated
Peckham was definitely an excellent PKer last year, and he can really lay the body. He's definitely worth keeping around if he can revert back to his 2010-11 form, but last year's Peckham was absolutely atrocious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Its is debatable which one is better, because their stats are so close, but you must remember Potter was thrown to the wolfs last year and played against tougher opponents then Clitsome. Instead of being brought along slowly, like most rookies are, the Oilers were force to play Potter more due to injuries amongst their D . Clitsome and Potter both played about the same amount of PP time and unlike one poster said, Potter's points were evenly split between the PP and EV. Potter was not the answer last year and if he was brought along slowly, things might of been different, but no way is Clitsome an upgrade. Why would the Oilers make this trade when they could get a better D though waivers.

If Winnipeg had players like Petrell in their system, why didn't they use them, because their PK, 24th last season, sure could of used the help.
I've watched more of Clitsome than most other Oilers fans, and I can tell you without a doubt that Clitsome >> Potter. Stats aren't the only things that matter here.
I'd say Petrell would be more valuable to the Jets than he is to the Oilers, and Clitsome would be more valuable on the Oilers than he is on the Jets.
Win-win IMO.

Last edited by franfrey*: 12-09-2012 at 02:52 PM.
franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote