View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 03:54 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawah View Post
Have to agree on Baptiste, I follow him as I met him in Ottawa a few times and watched him fairly often.

Sudbury had been using him more in a third line role, and now that he is on the top line, especially PP, his play has skyrocketed. He's already shown he can play a third/4th line shutdown/physical role, and now he is showing that offensive flair. Has pretty much caught a lot of the other guys listed for the draft much higher in points. Almost caught up to Horvat, Kujawinski, Lodge while passing the likes of Harper, Bailey, Cassels. He is also an Aug B day, one of the youngest players in the draft.

i still think he is probably third line potential at the next level, but to me that a second round pick, maybe even first round by the time the season is ended.
Agreed, bot Silk and Baptise are playing well, and if it wasnt for a 10 game suspension, Silk would have another 8-10 points.

Baptiste is benefitting from the ice time due to he injuries to Leivo, Kantor and Silk. Also, he is benefitting from playing on a line with Campagna. Campagna is not a selfish player, and has set up Baptiste and Pancel many times over the last 3 weeks. I would always take a playmaker over a grinder, or goal scorer.

Wolves can have 3 potential draft picks in first 4 rounds- Silk, Baptiste and Campagna.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote