Thread: OT: NHL vs. NHLPA
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 03:12 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
And Bettman is what? The same man who's avoided a lock-out 3 different times?

Never said he did the owner's wanted 3 lockouts

You need to back-up that statement. Do you have a quote or source where Fehr has promised the MLB owners he would not strike? Or perhaps your bias has caused you to regress into a child that would slander someone without any substantial evidence to support it?

During the 94 season there was no cba so Fehr suggested they play the year under the old cba (sound familiar he tried that this time too) in good faith of course then just before the playoffs (where owner's make the most profit) he called a strike ending the season and showing he is not to be trusted.

Bettman has been around for how many work stoppages? Its easy to believe the player's fate was already written before Fehr came into his position, as the trend of league negotiating tactics is clearly to lock-out players.

The owners wanted to negotiate a year before the cba ran out Fehr wanted to wait until summer and then he took 2 months to actually start the negotiations. The players sealed there own fate by waiting so long to start a negotiations.

But sole blame? Of course not, that's ridiculous.

Really? What's the big deal about contracts greater than 5 years, especially in the whole scheme of things? What percent of players have 6 year contracts or longer?

The players give up 7% in NET revenue from a 3.3 billion dollar business. But I suppose the players haven't caved in any area...

Is it really worth Jeremy Jacobs threatening to leave negotiations like a child taking his ball and leaving?
(http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...5815--nhl.html)

Is it really worth Larry Tanenbaum whining about the player's negotiating, given that he's an part owner of a team making a billion in NET revenue? (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle6025944/). What does he have to whine about? I don't see him offering more in revenue sharing...

The owner's need to give on the 5 year contracts but most likely to 7 years as that is the most that can be insured.

I see you're justifying the last lock-out, not exactly justifying the MLB strike though.... But I suppose when you're bias, one wrongful act is greater than another.

I don't see how its biased the MLB did nothing of significant change to help the sport the cap saved the NHL I must be a biased hockey fan.

One side is not at fault, yet ONE SIDE broke the deal? Do you even listen to yourself?
The deal was no Bettman and no Fehr and let the players and owners sit down and actually talk the players then tried to force Fehr into the meeting breaking the deal yes they broke the deal there is no arguing it.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote