View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
So if Phil shoots at the net, something he led the league in 4 years in a row, then someone else scores we are going to call him a play maker?

Also outside of Boston (and the Orr affect) he hit top 10 1 other time in 67 finishing 6th.

After his trade to the NYR he dropped from 66 (5th) in assists to 48 (25th).

really your definition of play maker is very odd and doesn't fit at all with the common notion of what the play making skill is.

And you have Orr behind Phil?

Wow is all I can say there.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...der_by=assists

Even when we use your criteria about production Orr has 40 more assists from 68-75 (the years they played together) in 53 less games played.
Yeah, seriously though. At his peak he was producing 300-400 registered shots that didn't go in. Thinking back to the goalies and the gear of the time, and I know that means a LOT of rebounds available for the cleaning up. Great thing about Phil was his ability to clean up his own rebounds too, of course, but he obviously didn't get assists for those ones, lol.

But yeah, Esposito two steps above Orr in "play-making" almost made me lose my coffee. Orr... just one step above a war years compiler/benefactor, lol. Even if I admit a bit of exaggeration there, well... um...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote