View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
How many times have I said it. Its the best JR players vs the best JR players. It is best on best for under 20 players. It evaluates the jr development system of each country only.

Its the highest international title for jr aged players.
Except it's not best on best for under 20 players, often the very best of the best under 20 players are not sent in the tournament. Imagine if Team Canada had Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Evander Kane, Matt Duchene, in the 2010 World Juniors. Look at all the under-20 Canadians that were in the NHL throughout Canada's 3-year gold drought, obviously there are elite players from other countries that couldn't go either, but there's clearly a lot more Canadians that miss the tournament due to being in the NHL. The fact is, Canada does not send it's best under 20 players to the tournament, they send their best under 20 juniors (in most cases, obviously this year is different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeoffBrown View Post
I think Russia might have the edge in terms of the very top talents. I don't think any country has a top 3 better than Malkin, Datsyuk, Ovechkin

Canada: Crosby, Stamkos.....Toews? Giroux?

No other countries even come close to that very top in forwards. Although US and Sweden have very sick defense and goaltending to make up for it.
Crosby > Malkin
Stamkos > Ovechkin
Toews = Datsyuk

And Canada's forward depth is much better than Russia's.