View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 04:42 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
I can't believe it's so lopsided, I thought this would be close. Selanne was one of his generations best goal-scorers. Modano at his peak was a much more complete player I'd say. 80 points a season in that Dallas system playing the way he played is nothing to sneeze at.

Big Phil, I'm puzzled by you declaring Selanne had more elite seasons. I'd say both players had around 10.

I think Selanne's late career success and Modano's somewhat lengthy decline have perhaps influenced some people's recollections. I know if I was starting a team up, I'd be drafting Modano ahead of Selanne, and that's who I voted for. I think both players should end up as worthy HOF inductees.
Truth.

Just totally different players on different teams with different responsibilities and expectations. Selanne obviously had the big jump and was still scoring in the latter years, but that major chunk in between I'm taking Modano on my team ahead of Selanne every single time. Selanne's not going head to head vs Joe Sakic etc etc in playoff battles. Modano did. And won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Better scorer: Selanne

Better player: Modano.

I would prefer the better player be on my team.

Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 12-09-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: merged short posts
tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote