View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
no one blames the city. just that if it were new york or LA or even vancouver, word may not have gotten back to lauren pronger. fishbowl effect and everybody talking in edmonton likely was a factor. comrie too. one incident involved a local reporter, the other was a kid with deep local ties who literally grew up before that city's eyes and whose dad ran the city.
Well you never know. This was 2005-'06. Social media is starting to explode at this time (if that was a factor). This isn't the 1950s when Mickey Mantle was going all over town knowing it wouldn't get back to his wife, Merlyn. I don't know, I don't live in Edmonton, I live near Toronto and if Mats Sundin bought a toothbrush down the street everyone knew about it so the media here is as powerful as I've ever seen it. Look at Tie Domi and his indiscretions. It was pretty big news then. His wife bled him dry after that. I don't think the city matters. Maybe in New York with upwards of 10 million people, but then again if Michael Douglas got caught in that city in Fatal Attraction.............

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote