View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
So you are trying to say that the all time american points leader has never dominated at any level?

You also know putting up huge numbers in college hockey is much harder than doing the same in the CHL right? Cause you are playing against grown men. The guys in College generally are 2-4 years older.

You are trying to tell me the last few years when we have been trying to get JS to become a better defensive prospect (by all accounts he has). You are trying to tell me there is no corlation between players coming into our system and putting upless points and JS also putting up less points...

I am confused as to you opinion for these reasons and many more.
Im not going to sit here and debate this more, you guys want proof of everything and somethings can't be proven. In my mind , its obvious who the better player was and who was quicker to become nhl compatible and that was hodgson. You think thats wrong. I guess the canucks management, moose coach, scouts, and the many gms around the league who would have chosen hodgson well before schroeder were wrong.

In my mind, hodgson would have went on to increase his point totals by a significant amount. I think he would have been a point per game player the next year. And its not surprising to see him over a point per game this year in the ahl. when he went down with an injury, foligno stopped producing

You guys can argue all you want but this comes down to opinion and ive watched almost all the wolves games this year and hes hardly an improved offensive player this year. Hes the exact same offensive player IMO, hes rounded out some other areas but to be a player in the nhl at his size and style takes alot more than passable numbers in his third year. And i dont even think next year he'll be much improved either. But hey, if you want to cling onto the hope that if he was on another team , he owuld be lighting it up. go ahead.

agree to disagree.

his point totals are something that shouldn't be ignored. thats the only point ive been trying to make. its funny that nobody else thinks hes nhl ready and hes even being benched but the fans think any criticism i give him is nonsense

schroeder is not as good as hodgson or he'd be in the nhl. hodgson is basically pegged as a teams #1-#2 center and they gave up a power forward prospect who people drool over to get him. he might be one day (unlikely though) but doesn't change the fact his numbers are not where they should be and a good part of that has to do with him and maybe a little due to his team but trying to steer all blame away from him is crazy

how about we go through the enormous list of 5'9 players and look at the numbers they put up previous to the nhl? And then tell me his numbers should be completely ignored and its not going to be an uphill battle for him

Last edited by Pseudonymous: 12-09-2012 at 05:35 PM.