View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Myron Gaines*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Please remember that the 10% related to flights and sleeping arrangements is only one of the costs given over to benefit the players. 10% for that, 10% for trainers, 10% for doctors, 10% etc, etc, etc... See where I am going? I agree that it is a good idea for the owners to pay for first class and good hotels and better quality food, and the best equipment, etc... to increase their team's chance of success, but it is also beneficial for the players as well. It is a benefit for them, not a requirement or necessity. It is also a cost, an expense, that the OWNERS pay exclusively. That is what I was trying to point out.
That's exactly what I was trying to say on the other thread, but some people can't make the difference between actual requirements and benefits.

Every expense from the owners is grouped into one category, but it doesn't mean it's all requirements to do the job they're supposed to do, which is playing professional hockey at the highest level. And when people point that out, it doesn't mean they're envious or that they wish players didn't benefit from those things. It's ludicrous to think that way.