: Prospect Info:
2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL)
View Single Post
12-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Originally Posted by
Clearly he was exaggering.
- Thomas is having a solid season. Nothing spectacular, nothing to get excited about, but he's a quality (though not great) AHL second liner.
- Newbury has more than a point per game on a terrible team. If anything, he's carrying a bad team on his shoulders.
- Haley is a good AHLer and may play in the NHL significantly this year.
- Kolarik is having a very good season and also might see significant NHL time this year.
- Grant and Segal are very solid AHLers if they can play in their natural roles in the bottom-6.
Honestly, if we had one more top-6 forward (JAM?), the team would've been good offensively. The biggest problem is our defense. Other than Gilroy, the rest of them downright suck.
How do you figure Haley and Kolarik are going to see NHL time? Barring injuries, there's absolutely no room for them on the Rangers.
And wait, did you just say Gilroy is one of the few players that
I haven't watched the Whale in a while, but the 4-5 games I did catch, Gilroy was the glaring problem on defense, add to that his team-leading -7 (tied with Vernace), I'm having a tough time believing he's gotten any better.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ck20