View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
People saying that the juniors would get demolished physically keep in mind that the game would be played under international rules

Any sort of dirty hit or fight would result in an immediate misconduct for any player

So what I was getting at is that most of those guys wouldn't be able to completely play their games and it could end up deterring them from being effective on the ice

I realize that under NHL rules the junior team wouldn't make it out of the 1st period but with international rules potentially getting these guys out of their comfort zones I think the junior team's speed and skill would be enough to at least make it close and possibly even pull out a victory
International rules do not mean you cannot deliver hard, heavy, bone rattling hits. Charging and hitting the head area are called more frequently. Also, I wouldn't put it past that team to use thug tactics to scare the living bleep out of those kids, and just kill off a few penalties. They would be scared to go in the corners before the first period was over. International refereeing didn't help Kharlamov from a thug like Clarke.