Thread: Proposal: Who wants Jonathan Bernier?
View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Bernier would be better suited elsewhere. The leafs are in no position to pay a first for someone who has comparible numbers to Reimer. Bernier should be considered to perhaps FLA, VAN (after Luongo is dealt) or even EDM. Leafs should be shopping for Kipper/Luongo
Imo your going to loose a frist for whoever you end up with. If it were me i would take a reimer /Bernier duo over a Loungo/reimer or scrivens Its alot cheaper and easier to walk away from bernier should he not work out. You get him as a rfa for proberly 3 years. With the extra space you can pursue the getlaf perry dream or whatever free agent u want. I don't see the flames giving up kipper as they think there a playoff team and not ready to rebuild. Again bernier hasnt had a shot at playing full time comparing there numbers is comparing apples to oranges. Regular work would have bernier putting up better numbers.

I ll agree with la looking at florida as a team to trade with. They have a ton of minor league talent so giving up there 1st may not be as big of a deal as the leafs. As for tradeing him to van or edmonton i think they dont want him in the conference at all so deal with them would have to be massive overpayments as i ve previously stated. Where i think bernier may go is philly as the kings and flyers have dealt with each each alot. This of course would only happen if the flyers buy out Ilya Bryzgalov.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote