View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Lundqvist was the reason they made it past Ottawa and Washington. Ovechkin also had 4 points that series.

Lundqvist clearly put up better numbers on a team that was clearly less talented offensively. You criticize me for using stats, but you're just ignoring stats, which are facts.
Montreals key players were Cammalleri, Plekanec and Gionta (top 3 scorers, only Cammalleri average PPG in the playoffs and the highest in the season was Plekanec with 70.)

Rangers key players - Gaborik, Richards, Callahan. NYR star power is clearly better, not to mention the defense for the Rangers is clearly better.

Now lets look at opposition:

Montreal:
Pittsburgh-Crosby, Malkin, Staal
Washington-Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Green (they were a much better team in 2010 than in 2012)

Rangers:
Ottawa - Alfredsson (past prime), Karlsson, Turris(?), Michalek(?) (this doesn't even come close to comparing with Pittsburghs star power)
Washington- Ovechkin (You can't argue he was a shell of himself this year, he played terrible), Backstrom, Semin (These guys weren't as effective without Ovechkin playing his best.

I mean, it's a little ridiculous that you think the Rangers had a harder challenge and had less offensive power than the Canadiens did that year. Also something I haven't mention yet is the Rangers were #1 facing #8, and #7 while Montreal was #8 facing #1, 2. The drop in the standings for Washington should tell you enough about them.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote