View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
How do you figure Haley and Kolarik are going to see NHL time? Barring injuries, there's absolutely no room for them on the Rangers.
The key words here are "barring injuries" because that's exactly when they will play. Do you really think there would be no injuries? The lower number of man-games the Rangers lost in our lifetime is 99 during the 1993-94 season. That still means that the team averaged more than one injury per game.

But the injuries were not one each game. Many games there were no injuries, but there is always that mid-season point when you are missing 3-4 players. That's when guys like Haley, Kolarik, Newbury, Gilroy step in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
And wait, did you just say Gilroy is one of the few players that doesn't suck? I haven't watched the Whale in a while, but the 4-5 games I did catch, Gilroy was the glaring problem on defense, add to that his team-leading -7 (tied with Vernace), I'm having a tough time believing he's gotten any better.
He was always known as a defensive liability. But at the AHL level, he's a good player. He's an offensive defenseman and at this level, he does his job properly.

I'll bet you anything that he'll play more games in the NHL than in the ECHL this year. To suggest that he should be sent down to the ECHL is ridiculous.