View Single Post
12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
vadim sharifijanov
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Honestly, I don't see how Calgary is any different culturally than Edmonton. Both staunch conservative cities, midwestern values, etc. I guess Fleury was more of a guy (like say Mickey Mantle) where the media would want to protect him in a way. But how different can Edmonton and Calgary really be considering they are cut from the same cloth and 3 hours apart? I think it might have more to do with the fact that Pronger and Comrie were never exactly players who won the hearts of the city, much like Fleury in Calgary
i'll leave it to people who live in those cities to speak for themselves. but my guess is that both calgarians and edmontonians would object to you classifying them as culturally similar.

i would also guess that those out west would respond by calling you a typical toronto attitude, painting everything west of mississauga with broad stereotypes. (i think that probably came out aggressively, but i mean it as good natured ribbing and an acknowledgement that we also unfairly stereotype torontonians.)

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote