View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Sky04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Honestly it really should be more or less decided by then. How many years did the third period of the elimination game change how the writers thought? The only time I could see it having any impact would be 2010. Toews wins the Smythe. Some thought Keith was in the running and others liked Kane. Nothing wrong with those three choices but it may have changed a few people's minds after they saw Kane score the Cup winning goal. Toews had 29 points while Kane had 28. Coupled with a mediocre showing in the Cup final, I can see how the votes may have changed after Kane scored the overtime Cup winner.

But in all honesty, that is the only season where I can see it making a difference, and even then Toews wasn't a bad choice regardless
My exact thought also, Kane had 8 points in 6 games in the final, including 3 points in the final game and of course the GwG, he may have snubbed quite a few votes had the voting been done after the game, but likewise Toews, Kane or Keith all would've been good choices.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote