View Single Post
Old
12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Not sure if some of you guys are too young to remember him. Tedenby reminds me of Andreas Salomonsson. Salomonsson was a Swede only bigger, and older. I called him the old rookie cause he was about 28 when he was drafted, and brought right in. He got a lot of opportunities, but would pass at wide open nets, had a lot of breakaways where he didn't get a shot on net, was really bad defensively, and wasn't good enough offensively. He only lasted half a season before getting demoted for Brian Gionta. He was waived the next season, and the Caps picked him up. He didn't last a year there even I don't think.

Tedenby has a bigger window than him I think, and Tedenby actually looked good in 2010/2011 in the NHL. To be fair he's still improved from last year, but that's at the AHL level. I'm all for giving him one more chance though. He NEEDS to score at a 15 goal pace or so to be of use I think.
He looked good because he was given the freedom to do whatever he wanted. Tedenby scoring at a 15 goal pace isn't acceptable for his type of player unless he's on the third line, and there's plenty of safer options I'd rather have there than him. For Tedenby, it's top six or bust, same with Bobby Butler.

I'd much rather throw Parse in there or have Bernier play third line duties then put Tedenby or Butler there. Butler may be a different story, but definitely not Tedenby.

I just don't think he ever cracks an NHL top six spot, and if he can't do that, then I'm sorry but he doesn't have much of a future. He's not smart enough and he's too much of a liability for him to play on the third line. I'd love to see him prove me wrong but I just don't see it.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote