View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 12:52 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Loktionov is a potential second line center. He is sort of built for that role as he isn't dominant enough to be a #1 and he isn't really gritty enough to be a bottom 6 player. He is a great skater and very shifty. He has a lot of agility and extremely good hands. He adeptly stickhandles and seems to be able to find hidden passes.

He is known as a playmaker mostly, but has a little bit of a scoring touch, but should be known as an assist machine mostly as his career progresses in the NHL. He is very good at puck possession and battling along the boards.

However, his number one drawback is he is a little undersized and he isn't very physical. He hustles and is good on turnovers though and plays a very skilled game with an active stick, which is his defensive asset.

His future with the Kings was over the moment we acquired Mike Richards. With Richards, Kopitar, and now Stoll's contract extension, he has no where to go whatsoever. We also have multiple prospects, Andreoff and Shore, that a fully capable of filling bottom 6 center roles in the future, so he is the odd duck out. The Kings will be looking to unload him and Bernier as soon as another season gets underway.

Hickey may come soon as well, but it depends on contracts and such. He has been NHL ready for a while and Lombardi puts a high price on his character regardless if his ability blossoms at the NHL level. Depends on how the roster shapes up going forward as he can fill a lower role immediately, and he is insurance if we lose Voynov.

great minds think alike i dyess telos (we seem to have the same opinion on loki. this is what i said earlier)

"One is a scoring/talented young center who has proven that h can play at the NHL level but needs time and a little more O system to continue his growth into a top 6 er (I see AL as a second line center with really nice hands)"

nice vid post too

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote