View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Tommy Hawk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Nashville faced a lot of these same issues.

You fix them by having a consistent winner, and hiring good business/hockey people who can sell the experience and woo sponsors...

and for a couple of years the NHL did let nashville have as many saturday home games as possible, so they may do it for Phoenix as well
Not nearly the same. Phoenix got a playoff team from the beginning. Nashville had to wait several years before making the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckster19 View Post
Interesting, you do know that it's generally accepted that the 23% of Canadian teams contributed over 33% of NHL revenue? You are also aware that the CBC gives 100 million per season for the Saturday night + partial playoff rights of 7 teams, while NBC is giving 200 million for 23 teams over the entire season, hmmm yeah Canadian teams bad. Canadian teams bad considering Canadian teams don't see 100% of that 100 million since it is shared amongst the American teams, I wonder if any of that NBC contract comes up north, I doubt it.
All the money is pooled and divided among the teams since the NHL is technically a non profit organization. All profits from the league as a whole, tv contracts, merchandising, etc. gets shipped back to the teams after reduction for expenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
I would be smirking too if some idiots just handed me an average of over 15 mil a year for 20 years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
23 Minute song? **** son, awesome!

*EDIT* I've heard this song before, love it. Another fave one from "Echoes - Best of Pink Floyd" Shine On You Crazy Diamond.
You should have seen them in concert on the Animals tour when they blew up (exploded) a pig balloon blimp like thing.