View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

vCash: 500
A lot of the guys in the AHL, including the Barons, were good junior players and a lot of them participated in the WJHC. I'm happy that RNH is going to the WJHC, but let's not kid ourselves, AHL teams would smoke almost any WJHC team in history. 2005 is the obvious exception, that team was special for many different reasons. AHL players are more experienced, proven, most of them have solid jr track records, their games are more well-rounded and they're much more physically developed.

The difference between RNH playing in the AHL and the WJHC is that he gets to be a leader at the WJHC, he gets to represent his country and build on his reputation with Hockey Canada, and I'm sure he'll build some more condifence in his game.

I'm just taking a quick look at the Barons roster right now.. We've got Lander, Pajaarvi, Hall, Eberle, Marincin, Hamilton, Hartikainen, Rajaala, Roy, Teubert, and probably more considering I didn't delve too far into every players past.

edit: Just to clarify, those guys I listed all participated in the WJHC. Most of them were pretty good too. Hard to imagine an U20 team beating these guys.

Last edited by Lay Z Boy GM: 12-10-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote