View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 05:24 AM
Mahleezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
When the Habs picked Tinordi, it was Timmins who had to say "yes, it is worthwhile to give up our 2nd rounder to move up".

In the 2012 NHL entry draft, it was Timmins who had to select the guy ranked 4th among north american skaters (never mind european skaters) to be selected 3rd.

Moving back, in 2005, we know the story. Gainey asked Timmins who to pick. Timmins said that Carey Price and Marc Staal werre the two best choices, but Price had the best ceiling, that took a lot of balls, to suggest a goalie at #5; most of montreal was enraged for several years.
Dont get me wrong... I think Timmins had done a great job over the years... and as great as Price is... I still think we should have drafted Anze Kopitar.

I was calling it then and hoping Kopitar seeing that we needed a big skilled Center for ages and he was well regarded.

I believe with Halak and Kopitar we would be a better team today then just Price.

Bare in mind also... that it's that lack of a center that made Gainey pull the bonehead trade for Gomez where we lost McDonnagh.

Which would you prefer to have today?

Just Price or
McDee
Kopi
and Halak?

And dont say that we cannot predict what McDonnagh and Halak would do because they were both very highly regarding by the Habs organization.

Last edited by Mahleezer: 12-10-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote