View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 05:47 AM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Dillon Fournier has registered a point in ONE out of his last TWELVE games. Disappointing considering how high scoring the Q is and his team has been scoring plenty of goals. He is only 3rd on his team in points for D-Men and Mathieu Brisbois has 36 points as a dman compared to Fournier's 12.

What I don't understand is why we drafted him with a 2nd round pick when he would've probably been there in the 3rd. Hasn't he been a kind of disappointment for being the #1 overall pick in the Q draft? Yet, we apparently don't care about that.

Hopefully, I'm wrong but when I saw him play in the Subway series he doesn't have much standing out for him but his skating. Maybe he'll end up as a good defensive player utilizing his skating and decent size but he'll need to develop better d-zone instincts. Or maybe his offensive skills do end up coming around but I won't hold my breath.
There was no guarantee Fournier was going to be around when the Hawks picked in the third round, that's why they picked him in the second. Too much of stats is based off of ice-time (PP) and linemates.. What PP unit is Fournier on? How much time does he get on the PP per game? What are his defensive/offensive zone starts? There's alot of things that go into producing points. Outside of point production, there's alot to like about Fournier: Size (6'2"), great skating ability, good puck-mover.. he's may not be a great offensive Dman, but he doesn't need to be to impact a game.