View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 07:19 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
WHAT?! That's insane! Gus has far superior footwork and technique to any of those fighters, especially at this point in many of their careers. Plus he can actually hang with Jones' stature. I think you're vastly underrating Gus, likely upon the only fight you've watched of him.

He took down Shogun at will, displayed very quick footwork and showed he has a very solid chin. I don't know how you were not impressed with him, unless you're looking at the fight through Jones colored glasses.
Well, are you forgetting about Jones vs Shogun?

Shogun looked awful. Showing better footwork and displaying some takedown capabilities against Shogun is not impressive, at this point in his career. If anything, even the slow, out of shape Shogun showed how to attack Gustafsson effectively during a fight. Jones will be much quicker than Shogun, more versatile, and with his reach, will be able to get in there and throw his jabs and make it his fight.

I think its slightly disappointing seeing Gus plateau a bit. Jones looks better with every fight, and I can't imagine Gus being enough to take the championship, at this point.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote