View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Not really. The team would be half prospects like Spooner and Knight, and then guys like Mottau or Exelby who have played in the NHL but the phone calls from NHL teams have stopped and they are on the periphery.

The rosters wouldn't look that bad when you add in the fact that at least half of the players union would jump ship immediately and join teams.

If it happens I would just like to see players who ran their mouth blackballed.

I am not pro owner but if they want to give me a cheaper product and stick it to the whiney ungrateful players that is fine by me.

Most of these guys are just stupid kids who have spent 5 hours a day their entire lives in hockey rinks and should be working for minimum wage or close.

The players could have taken a deal last week and given the fans hockey before Christmas. It was more important that they let Fehr win a PR battle. I'd love to see Jacobs and friends screw them hard. Make a maximum salary in the new NHL something like 2-3 mil.
Scab players would not be NHL prospects like Spooner. They'd be overaged guys hanging on in the ECHL or playing in lower tier European Leagues. And no, I would not bother to go all the way to Boston to watch them when I can stay home and watch AHL games for 20 bucks.

And the notion that half the players' union would jump ship is an uninformed fan's fantasy.