View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 07:40 AM
MaxLacoste

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahleezer View Post
Dont get me wrong... I think Timmins had done a great job over the years... and as great as Price is... I still think we should have drafted Anze Kopitar.

I was calling it then and hoping Kopitar seeing that we needed a big skilled Center for ages and he was well regarded.

I believe with Halak and Kopitar we would be a better team today then just Price.

Bare in mind also... that it's that lack of a center that made Gainey pull the bonehead trade for Gomez where we lost McDonnagh.

Which would you prefer to have today?

Just Price or
McDee
Kopi
and Halak?

And dont say that we cannot predict what McDonnagh and Halak would do because they were both very highly regarding by the Habs organization.
Very hard to say. They pick the BPA, and I think it's always better to choose that way. IMO, I think that Halak overachieved in Montreal and that you cannot established you're self as a perrenial cup contender with him. With Price approching his prime, everybody will see how good picking him was. If we had Kopitar in 2006-2007 and he had the same impact as in LA (61 pts as a rookie) Probably we would'nt had the high pick to get McDee and maybe we would'nt trade Rivet for Gorges and the 1st round pick who gave us Pacioretty. I think we are better NOW with Price. We finally finish low enough to pick a guy like Galchenyuk. We are on a great track with a goaltender that can only be better and who will bring back the Cup in Montreal.

MaxLacoste is online now   Reply With Quote