View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 09:14 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
This must be why MLS soccer is huge.

Also, the NHL would probably have to fold after the triple damages they pay in an anti-trust loss to the old players. This wouldn't be the USFL suing the NFL, this owuld be the best players suing the best league. This is why decertification scared the NFL and NBA enough to get a deal done within weeks of it happening.

This scenario is just not realistic. And the fact so many are eager to see the best players in the world no longer play is very strange to me. I have my theories why, but it certainly is not going to help this conversation.
I'll help you out on the reasons.

1. These players nearly all earn more in a year than I will in a lifetime.

2. They know there isn't a better deal coming so Fehrs ego is more important than the fans and they'll make sure they get a "bone".

3. I'd love to hear that someone like PRust is giving bjs on the street for crack after not playing another second of NHL hockey after he mocked a fan for only makin 40k a year.

There is ton of blame on both sides. Both deserve to lose. I'd love to see the players really take a serious kick the the nuts on this and see some hockey players who are humble make a little money and play in NHL barns.

We should all been able to be looking forward to opening night last week but Fehrs ego is more important.