View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 08:42 AM
swimmer77
No 2nd guess, grind!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
I've been on a bargaining committee a couple times. Generally speaking you canvas as much information from members as possible prior to serious bargaining. Once bargaining starts only selected information is given back to the members. The main goal is to keep everyone strong and united. Also you know there is always a chance if strategy details are shared with members this can and likely be leaked back to management/owners.

That being said, if a union member approaches someone on the bargaining committee they will be listened to, but more for the ability to put out fires then alter the bargaining committee's position. This however has limits, if someone approaches a member of the bargaining committee and says you have been going off the rails and I've been in contact with a 100 people who agree with me. You bring this back to the comittee and make a judgement on how influencial the person is. If they are influencial enough you definately should be listening to what they are telling you otherwise you just may walk off a cliff. Because if they start working with management against you, you are ******. Ideally you try to bring them back on side or you make somesort of compromise and adjust your stradegy accordingly. All behind the sceens of course.
Thanks........just trying to get better insight with Hamrlik. IMO too many implied he just sat in a corner minding his own business and then had an outburst.

But according to quotes from Hamrlik and Cole..........

1. According to Hamrlik, he attended the Barcelona meetings in August.

2. Implied through quotes by both Hamrlik and Gorges: Hamrlik for a period of about one month, during the Quebec charity games, had conversations with Josh Gorges
which for some reason became privy to Cole. Through Cole's quote it was implied that Gorges and Cole came to the conclusion that Hamrlik was out to lunch. I might add that Hamrlik had been practicing with other Habs which included Mathieau Darche, a member of the negotiating committee I believe.

3. Hamrlik, through another quote, implies he "wrote" to Fehr asking for a vote on certain items.

I guess my point is that Hamrlik possibly felt like his POV fell on deaf ears and therefore he said his piece.

But with your explanation it sounds as if Hamrlik had he even attended meetings his ideas would have fallen on deaf ears.

I guess I shudder to think that Fehr and the hardliners he has wrapped around his finger are freely using every other members' wages to get what they want.

Maybe I'm reading the whole process incorrectly.