12-10-2012, 09:01 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
As far as skating goes yeah, you can see he has much to improve in fluidity, but it's far from being as bad as some other humongous kids.

I think Zadorov is better with the puck than Tinordi was at the same age. On the other hand, I think Tinordi was better defensively than Nikita is.

All in all, I think Zadorov is better at the same age than Tinordi was. And I'd take a big guy with decent puck skills who hits almost every chance he gets at #15 anyday of the week.
I think you're probably right. Plus, the offense seems to come more naturally to Zadorov, while it's something Tinordi has had to work at (though I think people underrate Tinordi's puck skills too). But I do think they're fairly comparable players.

Quote:
Also, I liked Bo Horvat last night, he's pretty solid in every aspect of the game, and was often used against Strome/Ritchie/Theoret. He did a good job for most part of the game. Might not be as slick and elusive as Domi is, but he has the body. I'm not really sure how people see him go in the 1st round while they predict Duclair in the 2nd. Duclair has better offensive potential than Horvat.

By the way, am I the only on here (cue the meme) that sees a lot of Ben Maxwell in Horvat's game?
I thought Horvat tried a bit too much in the way of frilly dekes and turned the puck over a lot. Someone should remind him he's not Max Domi.
But when he sticks to a simple game, he's a good player. I don't see him as much more than a third liner, but a good third liner.