View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL33 View Post
Josi is a top-4 defenseman now, if we had to move O'Reilly (I'd trade Duchene before him but in context of this scenario...) then that would be a more than acceptable deal; Josi will be a special defenseman.
Perhaps, perhaps not. Having Weber & Suter ahead of you on the depth chart can have a tendency of making you look a bit better than you actually are. Don't get me wrong, he's a good d-man and has a 'chance' at being a top pairing guy but that's not a certainty.

I feel he's a bit overrated by Avs fans around here...not as much as Alex Urbom from 2-3 years ago but in that same kind of manner. (what is the future superstar king Urbom up to these days? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Some of those players like Hedman/Staal, yes I'd agree. O'Reilly wouldn't be traded for picks/prospects. It would more than likely be a hockey trade like the Johnson-Stewart trade. If it came down to picks and prospects I'd bet the Avs would just keep O'Reilly, regardless of how mad they are at him. I'd bet Calgary would look long and hard at something based around Giordano and O'Reilly. Although that has Drury-Morris 2.0 written all over it.
I would do that in a nanosecond.

The funny part is when you try to work it out for both sides, it just leaves a giant gaping whole where the player used to be.