Thread: Prospect Info: Tyler Biggs's discussion thread.
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Dark Passenger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
this Marlies team NEEDS a guy like Devane, someone to handle biz... it's pretty sad a team under Burke is in this situation where a casual fighter in Fraser is our go to guy. It's the AHL for **** sakes.....during the lock out even. Our prospects are all physical, assertive players...they play better with CONFIDENCE....confidence is gained through comfort, and feeling safe.... sorry for the rant but it's true
Completely agree. I know the game is changing, but I'm worried we will see guys take runs and cheapshots at some of our best prospects like Kadri and Gardiner. Marlies could definitley use some toughness.

Also...I know Eakins' job is to try and get what he feels is the best lineup, as he has to hold true to the players, but this is a developmental league. I understand its vital to surround the youngsters with good professionals that they can learn from, but feel we have a bit too many veteran non-prospects who are taking ice time from youngsters like Ross, McKegg, Devane etc. The key is to strike a good balance, IMO.

Dark Passenger is online now   Reply With Quote