View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 10:44 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Some of those players like Hedman/Staal, yes I'd agree. O'Reilly wouldn't be traded for picks/prospects. It would more than likely be a hockey trade like the Johnson-Stewart trade. If it came down to picks and prospects I'd bet the Avs would just keep O'Reilly, regardless of how mad they are at him. I'd bet Calgary would look long and hard at something based around Giordano and O'Reilly. Although that has Drury-Morris 2.0 written all over it.
Giordano could be Calgary's best player in their opinion and the opinion of many. Unfortunately most of the time these types of things (not saying this is that, we dont know either way AFAIK) usually produce a less than great return for the team that has to move the disgruntled player. Most of the time it is a quality for quantity type deal. Im sure and my example meant to express that the "blue chip" prospect type player that the Avs may get in return would be NHL ready.

Like a Brodin, Granlund, Klefbom, Jeff Schultz type player. Throw in a 2nd or a 3rd and a B type prospect and there you go.

Similar speculation could be floated Montreal's way in regards to Subban who is another high profile rfa with no deal atm. He hasnt signed a multi-year deal in Europe though.

Maybe there is something there that would benefit both teams?

Would that be a straight up deal? If not who would have to add and what would they have to add?