Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Played first game at forward on Saturday...

Wow we are terrible in our end. Our center...not sure where he was, but I kept having to come down from the point to tie up the extra man in the high slot. And pretty much any time we'd get the puck in our end it was a slap pass right to their guy at the point or the slot.

Their defenders weren't great but their centers were fast and that put a lot of pressure on me trying to rush the puck up. Didn't get a lot of good shots on net. I had maybe 7 SOG and 6 missed shots.

Play of the night for me was rushing the puck from behind my goal and beating everyone on their team up the ice. I tried the moved to split the defenders rather than attack one directly and it worked, then deked the goalie, got him dropped and out of the net, backhander...way wide of the goal. I cannot put away that move. The first non-garbage goal I ever scored six years ago was the forehand backhand deke and I haven't put it away ever since.

On the plus side, we only lost 2-1 so that's an improvement. I still haven't had a positive plus-minus game yet and am on pace for -32 this year.