View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 10:56 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I've only seen Kadri play twice this year, both on TV. I'd seen him a dozen or so times last year (live) and he didn't look great.

I know he had a hot run, statistically, last month and his stat sheet looks okay, but from those who've watched him play this year, does he look better? Does he look NHL-ready out there?

He used to get pushed around a lot, had trouble making plays in traffic, didn't have the strength/agility combination to be effective. Always great puck skills but inability to create separation for himself, giving him time/space to make plays.

He's gotten much better this year, seems stronger and smarter with and without the puck.

Any thoughts on how his game is progressing?

I'd love to see him get a real shot on the top line, with Kessel and either Lupul or JVR, but if there's no season, that won't happen! (brilliant anaysis by me!)
He has learned to read plays defensively and sense danger. His offense is and always was at an NHL level. He has worked on his core strength and is more balanced this season. He is not yet 'there' but he has learned everything he can at the AHL level and he should be up in the NHL. With that said he is more likely to start with two of JVR, Kulemin and Frattin rather than between Lupul and Kessel.