View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 10:59 AM
BoxerMax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
Count me in as one of DeAngelo's biggest fans from day#1. I honestly thought the sting found themselves their own Ryan Ellis. A year and half later I have to admit that my patience has worn thin. He has all the skill necessary to succeed but either his temperament or ego or hockey IQ won't allow his development to advance. His skill set is unreal, even Elite but I too have finally given up on his ability to be successful at the next level. All that said, even given his liabilities, he can be successful at the ohl level so before dumping him off at least give it an earnest effort in rehabilitation with a humbling 'healthy scratch' or 2 (not that I think that will have any effect). If that doesn't work than I would have to agree that his best asset to the sting is what he'd get back in a trade.
@Massey, you beat me to it.

Making DeAngelo a healthy scratch wont work. He already hates JB and he would probably just leave the team which would really hurt his trade value. I will be extreamly surprised if he has not been traded before the deadline this year.