View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Melphiz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
First off, I'm happy to hear Giroux is skating. I also have never doubted his dedication to hockey and the winning with the Flyers. But this is a prime example of one of the things that annoy me about NHLers going to play in Europe during a lockout. I don't question their choice to do so, but if they do, they should be dedicated to that team at least while they're playing there.

Giroux was a member of the Berlin Eisbaren, he gets hurt, comes to the US for treatment and is now chilling in Canada. No idea if he returns to Berlin if he is medically cleared. The lack of dedication most NHLers are showing to their new clubs is disturbing. The double standard between them and the regular roster players is frustrating. At what point is the star-struck honeymoon phase over for European players and fans and the expectation becomes that these NHL players truly intergrate with the team?

If G was injured playing for the Flyers and the Org found out he was skating about a CDN CIS team they'd go berserk.
Hm, if G doesn't want to come back, we'd understand it, we don't think he'd have to stick around here in our circus DEL - sure we want him to come back and play with Brière again side to side (and we could need him again currently ... really bad) but our league is and stays a joke, a circus - we always hope pro euro league.
However, once an Eisbär, always an Eisbär!

Still I hope, he will come back, he can't leave his pal alone here ^__^

Oh edit: Here's a translation of what Peter John Lee, Manager of the Eisbären Berlin, said:
"I am in constant contact with the agent of Claude Giroux. Claude is now back fully fit and has started the ice training. He hopes to continue on a short-term agreement between the players' union NHLPA with the NHL and will train therefore once in Ottawa. If there'll be no agreement between the parties in North America, I'm assuming a contemporary return of Claude Giroux to Berlin."

Last edited by Melphiz: 12-10-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Melphiz is offline   Reply With Quote