Thread: Redraft 1989
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Wrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
Lidstrom is by far the best defencement in the last 25 years or even longer. Also Fedorov is one of the best 2 way player to ever play this game. Fedorov could of also been drafted as a Defencement, Sergei was such a clutch performer in the playoff and a all round that I rather have him over Bure anytime of the week. Like I said I rather a player that would score when needed, play defence when needed, fore check when needed then a flashy player. What did Bure win except the maurice Richard Trophy ??? Fedorov won

1993-94

NHL

Hart Memorial Trophy

1993-94

NHL

Frank J. Selke Trophy

1993-94

NHL

Lester B. Pearson Trophy

1995-96

NHL

Frank J. Selke Trophy

I also forgot he won 3 Cup with the Wings.

Also did you know that Fedorov once payed 14 M in a single season !!! Yep that the record for the highest paid player in a single season.
Ray Bourque says hi. Lidstrom is undeniably the best defenseman of the past 15 years, but he wasn't even in the league 25 years ago.

An argument could be made for being "by far the best" the past 25 years, but that would only fly if you cut off 1980-1987 seasons from Bourque (which were more than 25 years ago). Otherwise you have the perennial Bourque vs Lidstrom debate which is nowhere near a runaway for either of them.

Also, if memory serves me correct Joe Sakic was paid 18 million dollars in one year after the Avs signed the Rangers frontloaded offer sheet.

Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote